In-Training Assessment Report
The In-Training Assessment (ITA) Report is an online reporting tool to review the Candidate’s work experience and progress toward attainment of RACMA’s medical management competencies. Candidates in the Standard and Clinical Specialist Pathways are required to submit two ITA reports per year of training.
Candidates who have entered Fellowship Training Program via an assessment of comparability as International Medical Graduates will be required to complete the ITA reports in line with the Candidates’ Training Calendar.
The ITA has been designed as a questionnaire, in which Candidate, Supervisor and Preceptor are required to rate the Candidate against each of the RACMA Curriculum Role Competencies. The progression of a Candidate through the RACMA curriculum is mapped to the Dreyfus model of skills acquisition, moving from Novice to Apprentice to Competent. Candidates are expected to reach competency progressively during their training program.
Note: in 2016 Core Workplace Skills will be embedded in the ITA for Supervisors for evaluation of Candidates’ progress toward competency in these skills.
The ITA now comprises of three compulsory parts, which must be submitted together:
The Reports for the first year of Candidacy shall be probationary reports and will be included in the recommendation to the Censor in Chief for evaluation of the Candidate’s progress and continuing suitability to be a RACMA Candidate. The ITAs are to be submitted bi-annually by 30 June and 30 November of each year of Candidacy.
- 1. A Time in Supervised Practice (TiSP) Online Form
- 2. The Online ITA Report
- 3. Confirmation of Master’s details
Time in Supervised Practice (TiSP) Online Form
The purpose of this form is to establish Candidates' duration in supervised Medical Management Practice during their training, and to ensure it is in alignment with the requirements of the RACMA Fellowship Training Program.
Candidates in the RACMA Fellowship Training Program via the Standard Pathway are required to complete a minimum of an equivalent of three years full time supervised Medical Management experience in a College accredited training post.
Note: The academic year is defined as 47 weeks and aligned with the AHPRA & Medical Board of Australia (MBA) definition (July 2011) - www.ahpra.gov.au The Candidate must complete the 47 weeks (one academic year) within a period of no more than 2 years. This period excludes annual/extended sick leave but may include up to two weeks of professional development leave.
The details of this online reporting form will be endorsed by your Supervisor during the process of completing the In-Training Assessment Report. Please be sure to upload supportive evidence from your employer to enable a successful review of your workplace practice.
If you experience difficulties completing the suite of In-Training Assessment forms or require any assistance please contact RACMA National Office at
or +61 3 9824 4699.
- The Candidate will complete an online Time in Supervised Practice (TiSP) Form on RACMA website.
- The Candidate will review their in-training progress with their Supervisor.
- The Candidate will complete an online In-Training Assessment Report on RACMA website,
- After saving their assessment, an automated notification will be sent to the Candidate's Supervisor.
- The Candidate's Supervisor receives a notification via email with an embedded link to enable review and completion of the online In-Training Assessment Report.
- The Supervisor saves his/her response which triggers an automated notification to the Candidate's Preceptor and Candidate that the Supervisor’s part has been completed.
- The Candidate's Preceptor receives a notification via email with an embedded link to enable review of the online In-Training Assessment Report.
- The Preceptor discusses the report with the Candidate and Supervisor and completes the In-Training Assessment Report (ITA) by entering and saving their comments. Any progression-related issues that are identified in the ITA review, such as gaps and deficiencies, and any suggestions to address these issues, are noted in the Report and may be incorporated into next year’s Annual Training Plan.
- Once the Candidate's Preceptor saves his/her comments a final automated notice is emailed to the Candidate and the RACMA National Office.
- A Candidate can review their In-Training Assessment Report at any time within the eETP Application.
*The role of the RACMA Progression Panel is to monitor Candidates’ progression and to identify Candidates at risk and develop recommendations for remediation. The Panel reports to the Board of Censors.
- The Candidate is responsible for timely submission of the online ITA report, and for initiating arrangements for the review on a six monthly basis with Supervisor, and for ensuring that the completed Report is lodged with the National Office
- The Supervisor will conduct the review with the Candidate
- The Preceptor will discuss the review with the Candidate and Supervisor if required
- The Jurisdictional Coordinator of Training will review the ITA report as part of the bi-annual review conducted by the RACMA Progression Panel.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 March 2017 13:44